Sunday, May 18, 2014

Fun Friday and Stamping Royalty Prize!

Sorry, I know it’s Sunday, but I forgot to post my Fun Friday card!  Here are the inspiration pic and sketch again:

May 2014 - photoMay 2014 Sketch

 

And my card based on the colors of the inspiration pic:

WhatNotSentimentsTwo4

I took a piece of kraft cardstock and covered it diagonally with strips of washi tape to match the colors in the inspiration pic.  Then I ran it through my diecut machine with the shadow die from the Flower Fun One die set, but with the sandwich to emboss, not cut.   (I got the technique from Heather's blog – she even made a video on it so you can see how it’s done.)

Next I peeled off the washi tape that was inside of the embossed lines.  I peeled up the edges of the striped pink layer and stuck the panel onto white cardstock, then a kraft base.  For the flower, I covered the center of a piece of white cardstock with yellow washi and then die cut it using the same Flower Fun One die set.  Finally I embossed the sentiment from Whatnot Sentiments Two with white embossing powder.

This is also for Simon Says Stamp – Die Crazy.

Next up I have a little video showing all the products I got in my Stamping Royalty prize package, in case you’re interested:

Thanks again to Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Magazine for putting on the contest and to all the wonderful companies who gave product for the prize package!!  And thanks to you for dropping by!

2 comments:

  1. Great use of washi tape, Maureen, and congrats on your Stamping Royalty win! Thanks for sharing you r card with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on winning Maureen. What an amazing gift package.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!