Friday, December 6, 2013

Special Delivery

Hi all!  Today I have a little mixed media tag using the Tinsel 'N Trim set from Reverse Confetti:

TinselNTrim1

First I die cut an old Sizzix tag from a piece of corrugated cardboard, then tore most of the top layer off.  I made my own stencil by die cutting the Peek-A-Boo Dots die from MFT and used it to give the tag some modeling paste dots.  I then sprayed the whole tag with Memories gold mist and let dry.  I stamped the squiggly image from Tinsel randomly on the tag with black StazOn.

I stamped and cut out a little So Stripey piece with a Tinsel sentiment on top.  I made the flair (sorry for the glare of the light on it) using another Tinsel image layered on top of a snowflake made from Warm Winter Wishes die set from YNS.  The edges of all the pieces were inked with black StazOn and then I assembled them all together.

The final touches are some twill ribbon and Timeless Twine, both stained with Distress Ink.

This is for the following challenges:

I hope you like it and TFL!

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful corrugated tag Maureen! Love the pretty snowflake! Thanks for joining along with A Mixed Media Color Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the tag and all the texture details. Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun tag, Maureen! Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the corrugated tag BG and how clever to make your own stencil! FAB tag! THX for playing with us at A Mixed Media Color Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome textures and vintage colors. Thanks so much for joining us at ABC Challenges.
    Hugs, Katie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!