Sunday, August 18, 2013

How I killed a card kit – Part 3

Hey all!  Thanks for joining me for Part 3 of my kit killing series!  In case you missed them, here are Part 1 and Part 2.

Today I’m going to start with the 4 1/4 square cards:

CardExchanging12

A simple stamped background using the solid circle in the stamp set, then the little hello sentiment.  I finished it off with some sequins from my stash.

CardExchanging13

This card uses elements cut with some Blueprints dies from MFT.  The little letter was stamped on a scrap of paper, cut out and popped up on foam tape.

And now for the little notecards:

CardExchanging14

This little notecard came in the kit. I just added some pieces of patterned paper that had nice sentiment printed on them and some twine.

CardExchanging15

I really liked this patterned paper from the kit, so I just cut it in half and made it into 2 3x3” notecards.  I stamped simple sentiments on each and tied on some twine from my stash.

And finally, the Project Life items.  A 4x6 title card:

CardExchanging16

I made my own burlap flower by copying the one that was included in the kit and topping it with the other flair from the kit.  The base is a piece of PP and I sewed on a flag that was cut with a Your Next Stamp die.

3x4 journaling cards:

CardExchanging17

CardExchanging18

The card on the right is merely PP that was cut with a Your Next Stamp die and I stapled on a little piece of another PP that says “Don’t forget to be awesome.”  The “hold fast” bit is part of the paper and I thought it would be perfect for PL!  The card on the left is a shaker that I filled with confetti made from the scraps of PP that were left over from the other projects!

Whew!  I can’t even believe myself that I got this much use out of 1 card kit! 

Thanks so much for journeying with me on my kit killing adventure and I hope to be killing more kits in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!