Saturday, August 17, 2013

How I killed a card kit – Part 2

Hey all!  If you have no idea what I’m talking about, maybe you can go back and check out Part 1 of this series.

Today I’m going to show you the rest of the A2 cards that I made from the SSS August 2013 Card Kit. 

CardExchanging7

I used the stencil again, this time with a light turquoise ink to match the CS in the kit.  I die cut a heart out of the strip with a Nesties die and fishtailed the end.  I sewed the strip onto the card base and stamped the sentiment inside the heart cutout.

CardExchanging8

This card used a sketch from Freshly Made Sketches, pink CS and B&W patterned paper from the kit and the stamp set.  The twine is from my stash.

CardExchanging9

This card used a couple pieces of PP from the kit and a sentiment that I made by cutting up 3 of the stamps in the set (“me laugh,” “my heart happy,” and “every day amazing”).  Don’t be afraid to cut up your stamps to make new sentiments – they’ll still work together after that just fine!

CardExchanging10

For this card, I used Tombow markers to trace inside the holes of the stencil in a rainbow of colors, then took my waterbrush and moved the color to fill in the shapes.  I finished it off with a stitched-on sentiment flag.

CardExchanging11

This last card was an attempt to use up the last whole piece of 6x6 PP that I had left.  I saw the one empty tag on the sheet and was so happy to find that the little hello sentiment from the stamp set fit in it!  Again I colored the heart with a red copic and to make sure you don’t miss it, I die cut an arrow from Your Next Stamp and popped it up on foam tape to point it out.

Please join me tomorrow as I wrap up the series with Part 3!  TFL!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! All of these cards are fabulous! I love the stamp set that you used and how you used it! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!