Saturday, February 9, 2013

CS2 Day 10

Today’s lesson was about using 1 stamp 3 ways.  I’ve never done this before so I really wanted to try it out!  It was fun and challenging!  Here’s the stamp I chose:

GISunflower1

It’s from Great Impressions and is called Peeking Sunflower.  I got it forever ago and haven’t inked it up until today!  I also used the Word Salad set from Paper Smooches for all of my sentiments.  I also did 3 different card sizes using 3 different coloring mediums!

Here’s my first card using the stamp as is with Distress Inks as my watercolors:

GISunflower2

For my second card, I cut out all the squares and arranged them in a square pattern on my card.  They were colored with Copics:

GISunflower3

You can’t tell from the picture, but the whole sunflower square is popped up on foam squares. 

For my last card, I stamped the whole sunflower square 3 times, colored just the flowers with colored pencils and OMS and then fussy cut out:

GISunflower4

The plain green squares looked a little naked, so I actually stamped the same image in matching ink as a background.  It’s a little crooked, but oh well.  I guess you could say I used the same stamp 4 ways! 

I’m not sure if I’d ever attempt this again, but I have to say that it was a great experience!  I hope you like my cards and TFL!

1 comment:

  1. The stamps you used is a favorite that I have owned since I first started cardmaking.

    It's one I bought after taking a Great Impressions Card Class and think it's perfect for this challenge!!


    Thanks for sharing...I love your ideas and LOVE this stamp!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!