Tuesday, February 5, 2013

CAS Cardmaking 2 Day 4

Hi all!  I’m back with more from my CAS class.  This lesson was about white space and I chose to create my cards based on the 2 from Maile.  Here’s the first:

CyberCafe1

The image and sentiment (as well as the image from the next card) are from Cyber Cafe from Paper Smooches.  I stamped the cup on patterned paper, cut it out and mounted it with foam boosters.  The sentiment was stamped underneath and I machine sewed on a thin piece of matching paper to the bottom.

Here’s my second card:

CyberCafe2

I stamped the sentiment first and then stamped the beans around it with 2 different shades of brown ink.  Finally I machine sewed on a hand cut strip of patterned paper to the side. 

On a side note: I recently came across the blog of Marcy Penner and am completely in love with her style!!  I can’t possibly even imitate her creativity, but I will be trying to find little bits and pieces of her style that I can replicate in my own works.  I got the sewn-on strips above from her and love them!   TFL!

1 comment:

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!