Friday, January 25, 2013

Chalkboard Technique with WMS

Hi all!  Waltzingmouse has a fun challenge on their blog to make a card using the chalkboard technique so I tried it out and came up with 2 different cards.  Here’s the first one:

WMSChalkboard1

It’s a little shaped card based on the Labels 18 dies and matching Very Vintage Labels No. 18.  I did a bunch of stamping with the label and a couple images and a sentiment from other sets along with a lot of doodling with green, blue and white colored pencils.  Here’s my other card:

WMSChalkboard2

Almost the entire card was done with the Playful Pinwheels set.  I also doodled on this one with red, pink and white colored pencils.  I hope you like them and TFL!

8 comments:

  1. Oh wow you went all out on these two. Beautiful cards and love added color.. Adorable pinwheels and pretty details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are both just lovely. I think the first one is my favourite - but only just! Love the soft colours on them both, and the free hand doodling! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are FAN-tastic! I love the label with the sweet pastel doodles! Looks like a stamp that came that way! And your adorable pinwheels with the underlined sentiments...so heartfelt and charming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It must have taken you ages to line all those stamps up on the second card Maureen - looks pretty perfect! Love your colouring on the first!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at you with not one, but two wonderful creations using this technique. Outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love both of these!! The added color on the first is wonderful and love all those sentiments on the
    Pinwheel card"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maureen these are terrific, but I am in love with your first card - pinned it! hope you don't mind!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so neat. I'll have to read up on that technique. That look is all the rage right now!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!