Friday, February 17, 2012

Fun Friday - Large Postcard Gift Card Holder

I have another Fun Friday post for you today! I made a pull-out gift card holder using the new Large Post Card stamp and matching die:

LgPostcard3a
This is similar to the pull-out gift card holder I showed before HERE and you can find the tutorial on how to make it HERE.

I simply stamped the large postcard onto a fun piece of patterned paper and cut it out using the matching die. I also cut another piece of plain white cardstock for the back using the same die. I glued the front and back together on the sides and bottom then added my sentiment from the Fancy Frame stamp set tied on with hand-dyed baker's twine.

Here's a shot of it with the gift card pulled out:

LgPostcard3b

And here's my Fun Friday tip for you: I love using baker's twine on my cards, but even with all the different twines out there, sometimes I still don't have the exact color that I want for my project. The solution - dye your twine to match your project! I used a piece of red/natural twine and dyed it with a mixture of water and Distress reinkers then let it dry. And now I have a piece of twine that's perfectly matched to the paper I'm using - yay! You can dye all sorts of embellishments like seam binding, ribbon, and crochet or embroidery thread. Hope this tip is useful to you and don't forget to check out the YNS blog to see all the other Fun Friday players and for a fun giveaway! TFL!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!