Thursday, January 26, 2012

Fun Friday Fhinn

Happy Fun Friday! I have a little YNS project to share with you today. It's a mini dry erase board:

LittleHelperFhinn2a
Yes, I'm still trying to use up all of the coasters I bought years ago. :)

I cut the woodgrain patterned paper to size and stamped Little Helper Fhinn in dark chocolate ink. I used the computer to print the To Do at the top (although alphabet stamps would have been just as easy!) and then adhered the paper to the coaster, sanding off any extra bits. Next I covered it with clear adhesive laminate and trimmed to size. This makes it able to dry erase.

For the pen, I simply pierced a small hole in the board and strung some rustic twine through it. I put a strip of red liner tape on the cap of the pen and wound the twine around the cap, sticking it down as I went. After covering the whole strip, I tied a knot in the twine and cut off the excess. You can see it attached here:

LittleHelperFhinn2b
The last thing I did was adhere 2 strips of magnet to the back so this can be hung on the refrigerator.

My tip is that almost any flat surface can be a dry erase board once covered in laminate! Look around and see what else you can find - get creative!

This is also for Simon Says Stamp - anything goes.

Be sure to check out the YNS blog for all the Fun Friday projects. TFL!

2 comments:

  1. This is such a FUN idea Maureen! TFS!
    Hugs
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love your dry erase board. What a great idea and such a cute image to use!! I will definitely try this. Thank you for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog.
    xoxo, Christine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!