Thursday, November 4, 2010

CAS Lights

Today is my day to post over at the YNS Paper Craft Planet group, so here's my card for you:

LightUpHolidays2
I used Light Up the Holidays and for my sketch, FTL #114. Being a 1-layer card, it's supposed to be really simple, but I did some fussy cutting which took most of the simple right out of it! I couldn't help it - when I saw the sketch it made me think of a string of lights!

I stamped the big lights twice on white cardstock and colored with Copics. I cut them out then covered just the bulb portion with clear dimensional adhesive (you can see the glare off of some of the lights in the picture). I gave them little hanging hooks by taping bits of bent wire to the backs of the lights and then strung them on some Peapod twine. I added a tiny bow of the same twine to the middle light and used foam tape to mount the lights around the sentiment.

BTW - the sentiment comes with a row of bitty lights underneath it and I didn't want them to stamp. Instead of trying to not ink them, I cut them off VERY carefully with a craft knife, making sure to cut straight up and down so I wouldn't undercut either side. After I cut, I test stamped both parts and they work fine! I hope you like it and TFL!

3 comments:

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!