Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Your Next Stamp Challenge #28

Your Next Stamp Challenge

Yay! I have another Your Next Stamp Challenge today! This time our theme was chosen by Chris and is to make a bookmark. I was pretty stumped on this one until one of my favorite quotes of all time popped into my head. I knew I had a stamp to match so I got to work and here's what I came up with:

FhionasPets&Treats6a
Hee hee! Don't you just love that quote?! I used the Little Piggy font from Lettering Delights because I wanted something whimsical to go with the quote. After printing, I cut it out with a long rectangle Nestie and also cut the matching scalloped rectangle from 2 different patterned papers (The Pets Stack from DCWV). I sponged the white cardstock with Distress ink then sewed it onto one of the scalloped pieces. Then I colored a bit of grass with my Copics and set it aside to make my doggie.

I stamped Fhiona's Pet Dog (which is also available in the Fhiona's Pets and Fav Treats set), colored with Copics and cut out. Then I just glued him over the grass on the bookmark.

Next I glued the front panel to the other scalloped rectangle. For the top, I made my own reinforcement by first punching PP with a 1/4" hole punch, then punching around it with a 1/2" circle punch. I punched through the bookmark with a 1/4" hole punch, then glued the reinforcements around the holes on the front and back. I put a piece of brown twill through the hole and tied it off with some Cappuccino Baker's Twine.

Here's the back:

FhionasPets&Treats6b
This is also for A Spoon Full of Sugar - die cutting/punches.

We hope you'll play along with us! One lucky participant will be drawn at random to win $10 in YNS Stamp Bucks!! You don't have to use YNS images on your card, but if you do you'll get a double entry in the draw!

Also, the challenge hostess will choose her favorite card, and that winner will get the YNS Challenge "Top Pick" blinkie to proudly display on their blog PLUS $5 in YNS Stamp Bucks! You must use a YNS image to be eligible to be chosen for Top Pick.

Full details can be found at the YNS Challenge Blog. TFL!

6 comments:

  1. HOW FUN!!! AWWWW I JUST ADORE your design and this fabby BG paper just PERFECT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how fun!! I just love the dog and your quote!! The perfect dp too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So adorable! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! The dog is really cute! I love the image. Nice colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. just so cute and just love the wording ~what a fun bookmark!!
    vanessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! Love that quote and the back of your bookmark is cool too! Love it!!!
    Hugs
    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!