Thursday, October 21, 2010

Happy Haunting!

Today is my day to post over at our Paper Craft Planet group so I decided to keep going with the Halloween projects and came up with this card:

HappyHaunting1a
I used the Happy Haunting set and FTL #112 from Clean & Simple Stamping. I stamped the main image a few times and colored with a combo of Copics and Prismacolor colored pencils with odorless mineral spirits.

For the house, I played with Copic Creations' Colorless Blender Tricks challenge: first I colored the house with a couple of different cool grays, then I smushed my colorless blender all over to give the appearance of stones. Here's a close up of the house:

HappyHaunting1b
For the banner, I used Make the Cut to copy my MFT Banner Day Die, but altered the little topper to have a jagged edge instead of the scalloped edge of the Die. I also cut the letters with my Cricut and then sewed it all together.

This card is also for the following challenges: I hope you like it!

In case you don't already know, Karen's birthday is coming up on Monday, so she's having a big sale to celebrate! You can check out the sale items HERE, and while you're in the store, check out the embellishments section to get some great items at 10% off! And last, but definitely not least, YNS now carries Twinkling H2o paints so be sure to check them out as well! Thanks for stopping by!

14 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, thank you for joining in with us this week at C.R.A.F.T Challenge
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful Maureen!

    Thanks for playing along with us at DDCC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOWEEEE! Love how you colored this fabulous haunted house!!! Great layout too!
    Hugs
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the papers on this fab card, thanks for joining us at FnF

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow love this and those papers,are brilliant thanks for joining us at creative inspirations this week,hugs cheryl xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow,this is gorgeous,thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky this week
    Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic card love the colours thank you for sharing it with CRAFT Challenge this week.

    Hugs

    Kerry x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous Halloween card! I love the image - so nicely coloured, & the gorgeous papers. Thanks for joining us at SSC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this is wonderful! Thanks for joining in with us this week at Wednesday's Creative Inspirations Challenge Blog! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Spooky! Love that hunted house image... great paper choice! Thank you for playing with us at DDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, what a lovely card! Thanks for joining us this week at Wednesday’s Creative Inspirations Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow this is wonderful, I love it, thank you for joining in with us at Creative Inspirations this time,
    Em.x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful Halloween card! I can feel the spookiness of the haunted house.

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMGoodness! I love it! What a fabulous idea to do the stone look for this house image! And, the purple is perfect too! REALLY Awesome job on this challenge! So glad you could join us at Copic Creations!! hugz, Mary

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!