Tuesday, July 20, 2010

La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge #48

If you're looking for the Your Next Stamp Challenge #21, it's the post directly below this one. Thanks!

* * * * * * * * * *


Before I get to the challenge, I wanted to invite you all to La-La's First Birthday Beach Bash! It will be August 1-9 and will be a week long celebration featuring games, hops, and prizes!! Please join us starting August 1st at the La-La Land Crafts blog!
~~~~~

It's time for another La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge! This week our theme was chosen by Cheryl and is to "upcycle" - "take something that you would normally throw away and "upcycle" it into something fabulous to use on your card!"

A few years ago, my sister gave me a Christmas present with a giant wired ribbon bow that I couldn't bear to throw away and it's just been sitting in my craft room until this challenge came along! Here's my card:

LalaWindow3
I used Window Lala and a sketch from Get Sketchy. It's a little hard to see the white on white (it helps a little if you click to enlarge), but I cut the wired edges off a strip of ribbon, then cut the ribbon into thinner strips for my card. This ribbon is really great - almost no raveling at all!

This card is also for Charisma Cardz - pink, and Crazy 4 Challenges - buttons.

Before I go, I want to let you know that whatever image the hostess uses on her project is 20% off for the week of the challenge, and this week it's Fairy Lala!

We'd love to have you play along with us! All the details can be found on the La-La Land Crafts blog. TFL!

3 comments:

  1. hoi ,
    what a nice and chique card is this, love the lace, beautiful en cute image
    hugs andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a lot of those! Thanks for the inspiration, Maureen! Adorable card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great use of the recycled ribbon Maureen! Awesome job on the challenge.

    Hope you're starting to feel better!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!