Tuesday, May 25, 2010

La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge #40

If you're looking for the Your Next Stamp Challenge #17, it's the post directly below this one. Thanks!

* * * * * * * * * *


It's time for another La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge! This week our theme was chosen by 1LuvnMama and is "Nestabilities Shaped Card" - the shape of your card should be the shape of whatever Nestabilities you choose.

I used the Curved Rectangles Mega Nestabilities (love this shape!) and here's what I came up with:

LalaPrincess1
I used Princess Lala and some old papers from Imaginisce.

I stamped Lala, then stamped over her with the frame stamp (Papertrey Ink) and let dry. I colored her in, but because I tend to do short choppy strokes when I color hair, I noticed that I went out of the lines quite a bit. So then I cut out just her head and put it aside. I stamped Lala and the frame again, colored Lala's dress and neck (and a little of her face and hair to keep it from being stark white under the popped up head), then cut just outside the line of the inner frame. I stamped the frame again on the dotted paper and used the matching Nestie to cut it out. I glued the cut out frame portion over the dotted frame, and then used a foam booster to attach the extra head. Finally, I stamped, colored and glittered, then cut out an extra crown and popped it up with tiny bits of cardstock.

Finishing touches - I sewed the strip of ribbon to the tiara paper, glittered all around the edges, added a sentiment (Papertrey) and pearls then glued the entire thing to my card base. When I'm making these types of shaped cards I always like to cut an entire separate panel for the front to keep the shape whole. When you cut along the fold to make a shaped card, you usually get a weird flat edge at the fold that I don't care for, so I just glue the full die cut over the folded card and the shape is perfect! (Hope that made sense!)

Challenges: Before I go, I want to let you know that whatever image the hostess uses on her project is 20% off for the week of the challenge, and this week it's Lala with Bunny! And since we have a new requirement that you must use a La-La Land Crafts image on your projects, don't forget that we have all these fabulous digi images available now!

We'd love to have you play along with us! All the details can be found on the La-La Land Crafts blog. TFL!

6 comments:

  1. How very pretty, Maureen! Gosh, your coloring is always so amazing... wish we could get together and I can watch how you color hair. GORGEOUS! Love the pp and the nestie you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maureen, Princess Lala looks absolutely regal! The soft colors are gorgeous and the background paper couldn't be more perfect! Your coloring is wonderful and I'm with Jane, I want you to teach me your technique for coloring hair ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just adorable and such lovely coloring! Thanks for joining us this week at Pixie Dust! I’m having a “Count the Pearls” Contest on my blog
    Here You could win a digi from the new “Pearl” Collection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply gorgeous Maureen! I am in awe of Princess Lala and your coloring! :) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Maureen this I love the shape that image it is so beautiful.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute card! Thanks for playing at Card Patterns!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!