Sunday, August 9, 2009

My Sweet Bear

Today's card was made for the Sugar Bowl challenge 16 - Marlene's Sketch:


And here's my card:


I've been making a lot of big (for me anyway) square cards lately (5.5") so I wanted to do something a little smaller (4.25"). I thought the little bear from the Gorjuss girl stamp Bear Hug would be perfect for a smaller card and he was! He was colored with Copics, cut out and popped up with foam tape.

Besides using the sketch, we were also asked to doodle on our projects - ugh! I'm not big on doodling (except for the couple hand drawn frames I've done recently), but I figured if I had to do it, I might as well do a bunch! So I put little heart shapes with a Copic on the focal panel's scallops, and then drew over them with a black liner pen. I also drew little swirls on the side scallops, some funky little corners, and lines and dots on the top strip. I have to say I'm not thrilled with the end product, but at least I tried!

I finished the whole thing off with a lot of machine stitching, some May Arts ribbon and a beaded pin. BTW, I got the idea to put that silver basket bead cap on the pearl pin from one of my new favorite blogs, Tabby Craft Designs. I just happened to have the baskets on order for another project (which you will see here later!) when I saw this idea on Tab's blog - genius!!

I hope you like the card and TFL!

Other materials used: patterned paper - Basic Grey (Porcelain 6x6 paper pad); sentiment - Whiff of Joy; Dark Chocolate ink - Papertrey Ink; circle and scalloped circle Nestabilities; pearls and silver basket - Firemountain gems; pearl pin - local craft store.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Maureen! I think your card turned out awesome! I love your doodling and think they perfectly match the cute bear image! Thanks for joining the SB challenge and hope to see you in the next one too! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow your card is stunning, I adore the image and the papers and your pin looks fabulous hun!
    Hugs Tab xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where did you get that stamp of Monte Burns' bear? :) Nice card. I find your color choice very pleasing and relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This cannot get any sweeter. Absolutely love this!!
    - Ann

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!! This is just adorable and your details are so amazing!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is just adorable Maureen!! I love the bear by himself ~ great idea!! The colors and papers are so pretty!! Love your pin as well!! Thanks so much for playing along with the sketch!
    :)kathy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!