Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Hello Chica

I wanted to make another card for the Moxie Fab Lovely As A Tree Challenge so I racked my brain for an idea and came up with a felt tree! Of course I also had to make a felt birdie to go in the tree! (If you click to enlarge, you can see the stitching I did on the tree.)


For the tree, I used the Cricut and the My Community cartridge to cut out a pattern from plain printer paper, and for the bird I used an image from Kim Hughes' Mocha Chica set. The sentiment is from Kim Hughes' The Landing Pad set.

I wanted the card to be whimsical, so I used some blue polka dot paper from Fancy Pants (The Daily Grind collection) for the sky. When I turned the sheet over, it had this cool decorated notebook paper design on the back that I thought would be fun for grass. I fringed a strip of it and zigazag stitched it onto the card.

Since I used the same blue felt for the bird's body and its wing, it was a little hard to see the wing, so I chalked it with a darker blue color to help it stand out. Here's a close shot of the birdie:


Keeping my fingers crossed that Cath likes it! Hope you like it too and TFL!

1 comment:

  1. This is stunning! It's just so super cute-I love it! I adore the tree and bird you've made! Love Ro

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!