Saturday, April 4, 2009

Don't Be A Square Challenge

The latest challenge on The Greeting Farm blog is to make a non-square or non-rectangle card. I decided to make Angel Anya sitting on a cloud:


I cut the cloud on my Cricut using the Hello Kitty Greetings cart, and used Design Studio to make it into a card and sized it how I wanted. I also cut an extra full cloud shape, and then a smaller shape to serve as the pattern for the felt. I cut out the white felt and hand-stitched it onto the extra cloud shape with light pink rayon embroidery floss (it has a slight sheen that's really pretty). I stuffed it just a little so it has a nice puff.

Angel Anya has multiple layers for dimension that you can see better in this shot:


I added an extra face, bangs, arms and wings, as well as a paper pieced bow and dress. For the wings, I outlined with a Stardust glitter pen, then drew the glitter around with my waterbrush. This method fills in the area with a more subtle glitter sparkle than just filling in with the pen. I then went over the lines with Stickles. I also Stickled the halo.

I attached tiny little bows to her dress and a half pearl to her bow. The beaded pin is Making Memories, the ribbon is May Arts, the tag is Spellbinders and the sentiment is Stamping Bella.

Here's a shot of the inside where you can see I created a mirror image Anya. I paper pieced, embellished and colored her the same as the outside, but I didn't do all the 3D work:


I did this because I didn't want to hand draw a back to her, and I didn't want just a plain white back, or even worse, the back of my cardstock where the Copics bled through!

I really like shaped cards, so this was a super fun challenge for me! TFL!

3 comments:

  1. This is just so Darling!!! Love your layout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card! Absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a beautiful card! Lots of hard work, but totally worth it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!