Thursday, February 26, 2009

The Case of the Curious Card

Marie over at The Greeting Farm has another contest going on her blog - to CASE the featured card done by Kristine. I really loved the card so I had to play and here's my version:


You can see that I pretty much copied the card exactly with only a couple very minor changes. I used Sheriff Ian for the first time and some really old Cosmo Cricket papers from their Wanted line. That cute little star embellishment actually came in a page kit with the Cosmo papers - isn't it just the perfect little accent?

The sentiment is from the McSplendid Farm set. I'm not sure where those metal corners came from - I've had them in my stash forever. Yay for using old stuff!!

As for making the card, Ian was stamped on white cardstock and colored with Copics. I stamped just his hat area on a textured brown cardstock and colored the band with a dark brown Copic, then did just a little shading with chalk. I cut all around Ian, then added the hat, just popping up the top portion.

The cream panel was airbrushed with 2 shades of brown; the darker one was done kind of spotty for more interest. I also stitched around the smaller striped panel and colored the white thread with brown chalk because I don't have any brown thread.

I can't wait to see what everyone else comes up with! TFL!

1 comment:

  1. I love this card! Great colors and details! Love the image too! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!