Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Cupcake Challenges - Part 3

Even more cards to play along with Taylor's anniversary celebration.

Both of today's cards used the Basic Grey Cupcake 6x6 paper pad.

The first card used Jackie Pedro's sketch. I was kind of stumped at first with the partial circle, but once I tried this cupcake from Kitchen Sink Stamps' Happy Birthday Cupcake set, it made sense! Luckily the sentiment from the same set also fit very nicely into the sketch!

Little notes: the cupcake was paper pieced onto 2 different Cupcake patterns, and then I used 2 more for the background strips. The scalloped circle even uses a piece from the same pad. I love that there are even solid papers in the pad - makes coordinating so easy! I did a little bit of airbrushing on the circle, the sentiment oval, and the base card to sort of match the distressed coloring on the sprinkle paper.

The little dots on the top are from Stamping Bella and I used the Stampin' Up! small oval punch for the sentiment.

This second card used Vicki Chrisman's sketch. Another fun sketch! Both the super cute main image and the sentiment are from the Smells Like Cake set from The Cat's Pajamas.

To make sure the sentiment stood out on the busy background paper, I used my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to stamp the sentiment a few times (to make sure it was really nice and dark) and then went over all the lines with the same blue Copic that I used for the main image.

A little Copic tip: I like to match my Copics to the colors in the papers I'm using. Since I'll use a paper pad for a number of projects, I'll write down all the Copics I matched on a sticky note and stick it to the paper pad. That way, the next time I use the paper pad, I don't have to get out my color chart and re-match all my colors.

Thanks for visiting today. That's 7 cards down, 2 to go for the challenge!!

1 comment:

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!