Sunday, January 25, 2009

Cupcake Challenges - Part 1

Taylor VanBruggen is celebrating a year of cupcake challenges on her blog, and I decided to try *really* hard to play along! I'm hoping that by forcing myself to stamp a ton, my mojo will return!

This first card is based on Taylor's sketch. You can see I flipped it sideways and changed the buttons a bit (moved one and deleted the other one).

The focal image is not stamped - it was just cut out from a piece of patterned paper. All PP is from the DCWV Sweet Stack, except the pink scalloped oval layer which is Scenic Route. The only stamping on this whole card is the sentiment, which is from the Inkadinkado Birthday Cupcake set.

I did another "sort-of-faux bow" for todays card. I just looped a long piece of ribbon with the ends sticking out on either side, then tied the button around the middle to cinch it all up and hold it together. I did this because I didn't want to stick the button over the knot - too much bulk. This keeps the whole thing just a little flatter.

My second card for today used Donna Baker's sketch. I really loved her use of all those little squares, but I decided to keep mine simple and only use 2 different patterns, both from the Sweet Stack (I just can't get enough of that stack!). The cupcake image is from a Studio G dollar set, the stand is from the MFT set Window Shopping, and the sentiment is from Papertrey Ink's Mixed Messages set (one of my very fave sentiment sets!).

Thanks for visiting and I hope you'll be back to check out the rest of my challenge cards. I'm going to try to do all 9 and actually use cupcakes for them all! We'll see if I can do it!

2 comments:

  1. Both cards are very pretty! I love the cupcake one especially. Love your color schemes! Popping in to say aloha from the PTI forum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. both cards are sweet! I'm so glad you're playing! good luck in the drawing

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!