Monday, October 20, 2008

Pink Poison Guest Part 1

I cannot tell you how excited I am to be Marie's guest on the Pink Poison blog today!!! I ended up making 6 cards for my guest spot, and I don't want this to be the longest blog post ever, so I'm splitting it up into 2 posts.

I *adore* the Anya stamps because they're so cute and because they're so much fun for paper piecing and tole! I stamped Princess Anya onto white cardstock 3 times, and her dress portion onto 2 different patterned papers (the pink underneath is from The Luxury Stack by DCWV and the top is Two Scoops by Basic Grey). I colored her with my Copics and then proceeded to assemble - I popped up an extra face with bangs, and then just the bangs. You can see the dimension a little better in the close-up shot. Lastly I added the 2 dress pieces.

For the wand and crown, I colored them (including the lines) with a Sakura Stardust glitter pen, and then added 2 different sizes of rhinestones to the crown. It kind of looks gold in the close shot, but it's actually silver.

I punched a couple different sizes of circles from the Two Scoops papers, lightly tacked them onto the swirled background, and then sewed over them all with pink thread. Then I stamped Smile from the Sentiments set on a Cuttlebug tag and attached with some organdy ribbon.

I tried watercoloring before and wanted to play some more so I decided to use this gorgeous rose image from the Fancy Fleurs set. I was heavily influenced by Jerri Kay and Leslie Miller, specifically this post that I also followed for my last watercoloring attempt. I don't claim to have anywhere near their talent, but I'm still practicing!

I stamped and embossed in detail gold embossing powder then watercolored with reinkers. I only used 3 colors - Rocket Red and Pearlescent Ivy Brilliance, and Barely Banana from Stampin' Up! Just like my last try at watercoloring, this took me forever so I didn't want to do to much with the rest of the card that would draw attention away from the roses. Just a little strip of embossed cardstock, some Stampin' Up! ribbon, and another saying from the Sentiments set, and I was done!

I especially love the monkeys from the Best Mates set, so I made a card featuring one. You can probably tell that he's the topper for a paperclip bookmark, which is slipped into the little sewn pocket. I stamped him once on white cardstock and once directly onto the blue paper. I colored him with Copics on the white version and cut him out, leaving the tail out. I then glued him onto the blue piece.

All the patterned paper is from Stampin' Up! The saying is also from the Sentiments set and the velvet rick-rack is from May Arts.

Please come back tomorrow to see the details for my other 3 cards!

3 comments:

  1. These cards are gorgeous!!! Each one has such a fantastic layout and great color!! Wonderful job! I can't wait to see the other 3 cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!! I found your blog though Teri's Blog. I love love love the Anya card. Sooo cute! Now I want to get that stamp! =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!