Saturday, September 13, 2008

Hello!

Whew! It's been super busy around here! I actually made this card a while back, but didn't have a chance to post it. It was made using the Page Plans card sketch #20.

I used some old Chatterbox paper, cut the letters out of craft foam with my Quickutz dies, and the flowers were stamped with an image from the set Beautiful Blooms multiple times, then cut out and layered with some pearl Dew Drops. The bracket piece behind the Hello is actually a stamped image too, but I can't remember which company made it (I think I got it in a scrapbooking kit a looong time ago). The last touch is May Arts ribbon and some sewing.

And the reason why I've been so busy lately - our new baby boy, Griffin! He was born on September 4th, just 3 days before my own birthday! We brought him home on the 6th and life hasn't been the same since! He's generally a good baby, but does have his fussy moments. He was a little over 9 lbs. at birth so he's already really strong, lifting his head up when he's on his tummy and he already turned over by himself!!

He's sleeping a lot so I'm hoping to get back into cardmaking, and maybe some scrapping too once I get the pictures printed. Thanks for visiting and I hope to get back to semi-regular posting soon!

10 comments:

  1. congratulations on your sweet baby boy; he is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the new addition to your family. Babies are so sweet.Enjoy they don't stay wee for very long. Ann Lind

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maureen, congratulations on you baby boy. He is just so sweet and precious. Enjoy each day with him...they grow up fast!

    Your card is stunning. Simple sweet in color and embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maureen- Congratulations hun ... he is sooooo perfectly adorable XXX
    The card is lovely too ... but babs definitely steals the show!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Maureen! What a beautiful baby! I wish you & your new family only the best for your future!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your new addition!! He looks so precious!! What an exciting time!!!

    Love you card too! I love the soft colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Maureen, what a gorgeous little man you have there :-)

    Your card is very pretty to :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Maureen, such a cutie! And you're very lucky to get the sleeping variety!
    Lovely card too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!