Friday, July 4, 2008

Here's the Cupcake

For today's card, I decided to play in the My Favorite Things guest designer challenge for this month. I hope that by playing in all these different challenges, it will help me to be more creative and sharpen up my design skills!

I combined 2 different sets to make this card. You may recognize the main image from the Here's the Scoop set. On the bottom blue couch layer, I put a bit of post-it over the ice cream container and spoon so that it wouldn't get inked and then stamped it. I then did a bunch of paper piecing and a bit of paper tole using 4 different papers from the DCWV Blossoms & Butterflies stack.

Then I took the What's Up Cupcake set and inked it up with pink for the wrapper portion. I colored the wrapper with a pink Copic, then cut off the pink line from the actual cake part and colored it in yellow. I stamped the frosting separately in brown and cut it out. I also stamped the cherry separately and cut it out. Then I layered everything together and placed it on her tummy area with the stem in her fingers, as if she's pulling it off to eat it first!

Here's a close-up shot so you can see some of the dimension. You can also see the Stickles I put on the cherry for some sparkle.

I hope you like my idea for changing up this set. You could probably put a bunch of different things in her lap, like a present that she's starting to unwrap or some other kind of dessert (and then you could leave the spoon).

10 comments:

  1. Super cute card! I love it! The cupcake is a great touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome card!!! Love MFT stamps and you did an incredible job on it!!! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these cards you are doing, are fantasic!! just love the bright,fresh colours!!
    vanessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is fabulous!! LOVE your colors, your coloring and layering! it ROCKS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic card Maureen...love the image with the cupcake!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! This is absolutely amazing! Incredible card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute card! love the vibrant colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you added the cupcake to the gal here! Your paper-tole & paper-piecing are phenomenal! o glad I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks great and I love the cupcake! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card, love the idea of combining stamps.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!