Sunday, January 13, 2008

My second "real" post!

Can you tell I'm still pretty excited about having started a blog?

After doing my first "real" post, I decided to change the way I list materials. It's a lot more time consuming to re-list things already mentioned, so I'll only put unmentioned materials at the end.

Here's something I said would be a rarity - an "original" creation. I put original in quotation marks because I know I've seen similar ideas before, but I really didn't have any specific creations in mind when making this card.

You can't tell from the picture but the little dots above and below the sentiment are Swarovski crystals and I also used my clear Spica Glitter pen around the outline of the oval Papertrey stamp for a little more sparkle. I did a little paper piercing following the dots on the Stampin' Up! swirl stamp, and I distressed the edges with a distressing tool from Heidi Swapp.

I really wanted to add some ribbon or flowers or other embellies, but couldn't figure out where, so I just left it as it is. Maybe I'll revisit this one later.

BTW - I didn't cut the plain oval with my Nestabilities because this stamp doesn't exactly fit the Nestabilities shape. However, it was really easy to cut out by hand following the outside line of the stamp. I did mat with the Nestabilites oval scallop though, and even though it doesn't match exactly, it's close enough not to matter.

Other materials used (still from memory because I stamped this before I started my blog): sentiment stamp and cardstock- Stampin' Up!; purple ink - Tsukineko VersaFine ink.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!