Saturday, January 19, 2008

I'm in the mood for love!

Today's card uses a genious idea by Leslie Miller, which is using a photo turn to keep a gate-fold card shut. I've always loved cards with interesting folds, but it bugged me that my gate cards wouldn't stay shut unless I tied some ribbon around them, which made it difficult for the recipient to re-close. So, thanks a bunch for the idea Leslie!

You've probably noticed a trend of me using Kitchen Sink Stamps lately, and today's card will not deviate from that trend!



I used another image from their "Thanks with Style" set that I adore because of my deep love for hearts and swirls. It took me a while to figure out which Nestabilities I wanted to use with the image. It didn't quite match any shape until I paired it with the new hearts set, and amazingly, it actually fits really well!

A couple more notes about this card: I did some machine stitching along the edges of the grosgrain ribbon to make it look a little fancier and sponged the edges of the patterned paper (which is Loveland from Scenic Route that I *adore*), the plain heart and the sentiment which was punched using Stampin' Up!'s word window punch.

Other materials used: white cardstock from Wausau; red cardstock and grosgrain ribbon from Stampin' Up!; red Brilliance ink from Tsukineko; photo turn and heart brad from unknown sources.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment!